HomeKit Beta

Hello tedee users,

We've been working hard on HomeKit integration. In the upcoming weeks we will release few beta versions for mobile and devices and we'll ask you for help. Please note that the "beta" versions may be unstable. By joining the testing program, you acknowledge that application may not match quality standards as a regular version does.

How to join for Android Beta

If you want to join the beta program please sign up for using this link or directly from Google Play app link.

You can leave the testing program any time using the same link and install the public version from store.

How to join for iOS Beta

You can join iOS beta using this public link.

In order to install the app, you will need to download and open TestFlight. Please follow the steps from the manual: https://testflight.apple.com/.

To leave testing program, you can delete yourself as a tester in the app’s Information page in TestFlight by tapping Stop Testing and install the public version from store.

Version 1.115.01 beta (iOS), 1.115.1.1 beta (Android)

This version introduce new way of discovering and connecting to tedee devices via Bluetooth that will be released later with a HomeKit firmware update. During this test we want to make sure that backward combability is working and users doesn't have issues with connecting to exiting devices via Bluetooth.

What to test:

• Check if adding device process is working
  • Check if you can update device firmware from mobile
  • Check if you can unlock/lock the lock from phone/widget via Bluetooth
  • Check if Apple Watch is working

We already have tested this and everything worked fine. Please share your feedback under this post.

5 people like this

Hey, sorry for the confusion we made earlier today. HomeKit integration for existing locks will arrive together with firmware version 1.4.XXXXX and app version 1.130.0

To speed things up you may activate the "Beta tester" mode in your tedee user account settings.

Best, Andrzej

@David, Yes it just appeared around 17:30 pm today, Berlin timezone. I think you need a corresponding app version that hasn’t been approved by apple yet. So I’ve got the new firmware but still no HomeKit

How did you get it ? Did it just appear in the app ?

Nothing for me yet !!!!

Firmware update is here

HomeKit for new locks [DONE]

HomeKit for existing locks:

• Mobile app & firmware ready [DONE]
  • Certification by Apple [DONE]
  • Public release [IN PROGRESS]

1 person likes this

Thank you Konrad for the message and the HomeKit online guide.

We are excited this is finally coming true. Can't wait to add my Tedee Lock to the Apple Home app.

Great stuff. HomeKit for existing locks will push your product in the same class as competitors like nuki, but with the benefit of being better looking, quieter and faster. There will still be some that argue about the price, but there are competitors to iPhone and still the product tops android phones in many markets. I am using my Tedee lock since more than a year now with HomeKit (homebridge plugin) and it’s really an enhancement. Hopefully Apple will finish their audit soon. Can’t wait to see all users get their hand on this cool feature.

And something extra special for you:  https://tedee.com/knowledge-base/apple-homekit/  :)

2 people like this

Certification is still in progress we are waiting for audit result from Apple.

Bismuth, it will just work you do not have to warry about. You will add Tedee Lock to Home App using Tedee App. You will not need the HomeKit Setup Code

1 person likes this

Hi Konrad,

I second Lars' request for update.

Also, It would be nice to receive a reply to my message above ...

Best regards,

David

Any news on apple certification for existing locks?

2 people like this

Same here Konrad.

I have been wondering how the HomeKit process will work for existing lock as we do not have "Homekit IDs".

Are you going to issue and send an "Homekit ID" for each existing Tedee lock (already sold and installed) ? 

This is important if we want to sell our locks in a few years.

Please describe the process.

Best regards

David

Dear Konrad, thanks for the Update. Hopefully Apple is on time with the certification for existing locks. Please let us know how the status is on HomeKit for existing locks.

1 person likes this

The HomeKit support for new locks was released:

• App version 1.128.0
  • Lock firmware 1.3.51693 (now in public preview, make sure you have enabled "Beta tester" in Tedee app)

HomeKit for new locks [DONE]:

• Beta mobile app which support new 'HomeKit' connection [DONE]
  • Public mobile app supported 'HomeKit' connection [DONE]
  • Public Bridge firmware with new 'HomeKit' connection [DONE]
  • Internal Beta with new Tedee HomeKit lock [DONE]
  • Public Lock firmware with new 'HomeKit' connection [DONE]
  • External Beta with new Tedee HomeKit lock [DONE]
  • Certification by Apple [DONE]
  • Public release [DONE]

We still waiting for certification result from Apple (for existing locks), should be known in next 2 weeks.

HomeKit for existing locks:

• Mobile app & firmware ready [DONE]
  • Certification by Apple [IN PROGRESS]
  • Public release