HomeKit Beta

Hello tedee users,

We've been working hard on HomeKit integration. In the upcoming weeks we will release few beta versions for mobile and devices and we'll ask you for help. Please note that the "beta" versions may be unstable. By joining the testing program, you acknowledge that application may not match quality standards as a regular version does.

How to join for Android Beta

If you want to join the beta program please sign up for using this link or directly from Google Play app link.

You can leave the testing program any time using the same link and install the public version from store.

How to join for iOS Beta

You can join iOS beta using this public link.

In order to install the app, you will need to download and open TestFlight. Please follow the steps from the manual: https://testflight.apple.com/.

To leave testing program, you can delete yourself as a tester in the app’s Information page in TestFlight by tapping Stop Testing and install the public version from store.

Version 1.115.01 beta (iOS), 1.115.1.1 beta (Android)

This version introduce new way of discovering and connecting to tedee devices via Bluetooth that will be released later with a HomeKit firmware update. During this test we want to make sure that backward combability is working and users doesn't have issues with connecting to exiting devices via Bluetooth.

What to test:

• Check if adding device process is working
  • Check if you can update device firmware from mobile
  • Check if you can unlock/lock the lock from phone/widget via Bluetooth
  • Check if Apple Watch is working

We already have tested this and everything worked fine. Please share your feedback under this post.

5 people like this

Any news on apple certification for existing locks?

2 people like this
One could think that the certification comes from the TestFlight App as you couldn’t certify anything untested, but I think that refers to public betas only. Anyway please put me on the list of preview testers if that is okay for you.

2 people like this
Hi Konrad, I have installed the IOS BETA

2 people like this

And something extra special for you:  https://tedee.com/knowledge-base/apple-homekit/  :)

2 people like this
Got it working as native HomeKit accessory.

1 person likes this

Same here ! It just works beautifully ! Good work Tedee Development team !

Now just waiting for the Keypad and I will be all set !

Konrad, please congratulate everyone involved.

1 person likes this

Hey Andrey,

1) That very much depends on what you need the bridge for... HomeKit hub does not update the lock automatically, nor it allows remote access for Android mobile devices, and it does not broadcast iBeacon to speed up Auto-unlock... HomeKit hubs let you change the lock position remotely, check the battery status and check whether the lock is locked or unlocked

2) in general it works more stable with the bridge but the mobile app ALWAYS connects with the lock over Bluetooth during Auto-unlock

3) no difference after you add it to Home App... the only difference is how you do it

4) new locks have different bar codes and SKUs (ending with "HK") and are packed in new boxes with "Works with Apple HomeKit" icons.

Take care!

1 person likes this

Hey Lars, we're on it... more news should arrive in three weeks. The point is that we cannot give you any exact date at the moment but it's near.

1 person likes this
Dear Konrad, thanks for the Update. Hopefully Apple is on time with the certification for existing locks. Please let us know how the status is on HomeKit for existing locks.

1 person likes this
Hi Konrad, is there a new test version available?

1 person likes this

Hi Lars,

This is the plan:

1. Beta mobile app which support new 'HomeKit' connection [DONE]
  2. Public mobile app supported 'HomeKit' connection [DONE]
  3. Public Bridge firmware with new 'HomeKit' connection [DONE]
  4. Internal Beta with new Tedee HomeKit lock [IN PROGRESS]
  5. Public Lock firmware with new 'HomeKit' connection [IN PROGRESS]
  6. External Beta with new Tedee HomeKit lock
  7. Small group with public preview for upgrading existing lock to HomeKit
  8. Public release

1 person likes this
Dear Konrad, any timeframe behind the planning you mentioned earlier? I do have our lock in HomeKit right know over Tobias homebridge plugin. It would be interesting to directly compare the performance and details of the integration. Can I pull the latch separately in the Tedee HomeKit Integration?

1 person likes this

yes you can pull the latch but because of HomeKit limitations it will not be as simple as button click

1 person likes this
Dear Konrad, certification from Apple has been completed. When are you planning to release the firmware that enables us to integrate tedee to HomeKit? Please let us know the planning for the release.

1 person likes this
This is how it looks like in my home app. If you would like to click you can always use the Eve App or other HomeKit Apps

1 person likes this