I have played through this once. I did not immediately recognize where to configure PINs. At the keypad there are "PIN codes".... but PINs are configured on the lock-screen.... hmmmm. Moreover, under the user icon, I have to figure it out first. :) Also Share-PIN is not directly obvious. Don't ask me how to do it better, maybe you can start the user/PIN management as a standalone activity from the main screen. But you will have thought of something, because I don't overview the handling of multiple locks.
But good idea, with the simulator.
I left my comments on the box at the end of the test https://app.useberry.com/t/F0h54Drc/ .
Cheers to all TEDEE team and keep up with the great work!
I am anxiously waiting for the keypad accessory.
I completed the test tasks in order to help.
Keep up the good work !
interessting, for you it seemed to work, so I looked into it. Tried with mobile (chrome) and desktop (firefox and bing), the only thing working was desktop chrome?!
Anyway , I have to agree: Having a PIN subpage under the keypad and not managing the PINs there, does not make sense. Assigning PINs (and maybe creating one) under the user subpage makes sense as well, but it should be reachable from the keypad settings as well. Also the reference to "sharing page" (or how was it called?), when trying to add a PIN, was not clear to me at first. Sharing the PIN via email was easy on the other hand.
Feedback on the device itself:
1. You can tell from the settings page that it (hopefully) will have a backlight, which I do like a lot!
2. I am always on edge with implemented vs normal batteries. Here I do hope you will use 3xAAA or 2xAA or so, because I am not looking forward to taking it from the wall to charge or having a power bank sitting in front of my door to charge it.
3. IP4/5x resistance would be appreciated from anybody with a house, I guess
5. Nuki did not put a 0 on theirs, with the argument "people would use birthdates, which is unsecure ". I think having a number less on there is less secure and I want to pick my codes as I please...
6. I do can pair more than 1 lock at a time, right? (I use two on my door...) Mybe even beeing able to assign different codes to different locks would be nice for some people? I am thinking about having two doors (apartment building or something?) and not always wanting to unlock both at the same time.
I am really looking forward to the keypad! :)
For me it worked without a hitch using Safari 14.1.1 on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6.
Also anxiously awaiting for the keypad as a nice add-on to my Tedee lock
All the best
Thank you all for valuable feedback. Kaktus I will answer some of your questions:
1. The settings page will have backlight level option
2. keypad will use batteries
3. IP4/5 will be 'implemented'
5. there will be full keyboard from 0 to 9. you will be able to set pins from 5 to 8 numbers length
6. You will not be able to pair the keypad with more than one lock
Thanks Konrad for your reply.
This is a big issue for me. As I said, I have two on one door:
One for the normal lock and one for a security bar. Both are suppose to be locked when we are gone. So if somebody without phone/tedee app, could not open the door with the keypad then. Is there a workaround for that, like APO or something? I would like to implement the lock in hubitat anyways for other automatisations (I was hoping for the announced local API before I get into that...).
I understund your use case, unfortunately in first version we do not plan pairing keypad with more than one lock, sorry.
The only workaround is to build an automation so when first lock will be unlocked then unlock the second one. It can be done using HomeKit/Homey.
I was re-reading your comments above about the Keypad IP rating.
Could you please be more precise regarding the IP rating you are planning for the Keypad.
Is it going to be IP55 or IP45 ?
My experience with electric products installed outside is that the IP65 rating is much more desirable as it gives a better protection against dust and water projections.
I do not know the Hubitat and I think we do not have running integration with them. Anyway creating such automation for system which allows to send HTTP request is simply and you can count on our help.
We want to implement a standard of no less than IP65. The keyboard is still in the early stages of development, so this is subject to change.
We have good news for you. We have started internal Alpha version of Tedee Keypad. It is first version working with production Tedee Smart Locks and allows user to manage PINs and unlock the lock with them. You can ask, what are you waiting for, this is all we need, start selling it. Please remember, it is not done and we still have a lot to do.
Meantime we want ask for your help. As an active forum users, we want to give you opportunity, to test our mobile app, by solving couple of test tasks related with the Keypad. If you want to participate, just click here. https://app.useberry.com/t/F0h54Drc/
Feedback is really important for us, so we want to give you a real chance to help us create a product that fit your needs.
3 people like this