Start a new topic

Lock becoming uncalibrated

Hello, I've had my lock for three months only and it is working globally well. A couple of times already, it became uncalibrated for no known reason. Can that be avoided? Thanks in advance! Patrick

Hi, thank you for reporting the issue.  Please record a short video showing how you calibrate the lock. It would be also great if you could open the 'Activities' in the tedee app and take a few screenshots of the events (especially the ones showing the calibration events). Please send them all at support@tedee.com - we will assist you further. 

Hello Magdalena, Just to make sure we are on the same page, the calibration is not an issue. It's just that it appears to get forgotten sometimes. Can the attached screenshot give an idea of what happened? When switching on and off, we were just trying to open the door.

Hi Patrick, the 'switched on' events appeared because you switched the lock off and then switch it on again? 

After turning off and on again, the lock may need a calibration. However, if the lock loses calibration without a reason, we will need a short video and the logs. 

Hi Magdalena, We did not try to switch it off or on. We just tried to open the door. For how long are the logs kept? If it is relevant, I am happy to send them. Or do I have to do that after the next failure? I remain puzzled by your request to have a video of the calibration. This is an operation which works fine. The result of it keeps working for a few weeks in a row.

Okay, if the 'switch on' events appeared even though you haven't switched the lock on, it would be best to check the lock at our service. Please, contact me at support@tedee.com - I will give you all information regarding the procedure, shipping the lock etc. 

Just here to mention that I experience the same behavior. The lock works well after calibration. But after a few days (up to a week) the lock starts to behave erratic. It starts with immediately releasing the spring after an auto unlock, resulting in a jammed lock (although the door is open because it does pull but it let's go immediately instead of holding the 2 seconds it should). And after that the lock doesn't fully lock anymore. The first days it seems it does, but it looks like instead of turning 720 degrees, it only turns less than 720. After a few days more, the lock only turns 90 degrees or so (when it's locking). Then it becomes unusable in that I cannot lock or unlock it with the app. Calibrating again helps, but this has happened like 10 times already in the last few months.

I also submitted a ticket to Tedee, but posting it here to see if other people are experiencing the same issues.

1 person likes this

Hello, I have big problems with this Smart Lock. It loses calibration after several cycles of opening and closing. Sometimes it lasts two days, sometimes only 2 openings. Yesterday he went completely crazy because he can't even calibrate anymore. When I start the calibration, the blue LED lights up, so I get to step 1 completely locked, then I proceed to step 2 completely unlocked, but here the calibration stops and the LED flashes in the red-blue-green-white cycle and the calibration is interrupted. How do I solve this problem and how can I prevent the smart lock from losing calibration?

I have the same issue for weeks now. Before that, the tedee lock was working great for almost a year. Not sure what happened, probably an update ...
It is very hard to finish the calibration process (with or without the bridge). unlock the latch is also not working properly. If I get the calibration working it immediately de-calibrates itself after one close/open cycle. 

It is only opening in the emergency mode over bluetooth currently ... really bad experience

Hi Paul, I'm really sorry about the issue! Could you please take a few screenshots of Activities (the clock icon at the bottom of the screen, in the lock view) and send them to support@tedee.com? We will check them right away and let you know how to proceed. 

1 person likes this

I use two of the Locks, and one of them lost Calibration some Days after Installation. Since then, after the Recalibration, it works fine, but makes weird Sounds like Gears shaking. I think I only noticed that because the other Lock works smooth and silent.

Hi Frank, could you please record a video and send it to us at support@tedee.com?

Same happens to my lock. Loses calibration after a week. calibrating works only without incl. the latch . When you calibrate the latch, the motor only stops for some milliseconds in the open position and than releases the latch, which results in an uncalibrated state. When the motor stays for longer ( maybe half a sec) in open position, the latch calibration will be successful.

I was not at home some Days, now i could do some testing.

Situation is: tedee Lock with scandinavian Adapter. 2 Doors, same behaviour.

If I always use the tedee-Lock to lock and unlock the Door, everything is fine.

But every time I use the Key to unlock the Door from outside, the Calibration ist lost.

The Reason seems to be: If I use the Key, I turn the Lock just as wide as it needs to open the Door. This is not the full turning the tedee-Motor does, but the Door is open anyways.

It seems, tedee-Lock has no clue of the exact Position when moved by Hand or Key. Maybe a Firmware-Update can help, but I hope the is enough Hardware inside to do the Position-Detection...

Is there any effort in solving this problem on supplier side???
Losing calibration and no successful calibration incl. the latch will bring this nice device quit close to the litter.

Login or Signup to post a comment