Rozpocznij nowy wątek
Zaimplementowane

local REST API in Bridge

Hi,

as I'm asking once in a year for the local REST API, I'll do it here aswell in the hope, that it become a better priority :)

I want that the very nice REST API is available just locally in my LAN

Why I want this:

- Security reasons: I want to be responsible on my own and this is only possible with a local REST API

- Availability: Sometimes, the currently available REST API in your cloud is pretty slow. I'm waiting 10 seconds for a response which is a no go. Also: when tedee shut down their services, I can trash my bridge and I'm not able to use this smart lock anymore (because I _never_ use the phone app, I just use my openhab integration and the App HTTP Shortcut which sends a request to an own build REST API which not just opens the main door, it also opens the entry door where no tedee is possible (build in electrical lock)

Please keep in mind, that the only reason why I chose Tedee over a competitor is, that before I bought it over a year ago, I got a response on my request from you, that "soon" a local API is available at the bridge. 

I was thinking about to create an "offical" openhab binding for Tedee but if this feature is not  upcoming in the next 12 months, I'll sell it and buy something from competitors which has the local API available.

Please take this also as constructive critics :) 

BR

4 osób lubi ten pomysł

@Carsten, 

We're aware of the recent outage impacting both our Azure cloud service and, unexpectedly, the local API functionality. This was not the intended behavior, as the local API should provide a reliable fallback during such incidents. Unfortunately, a bug in our bridge firmware disrupted this process. Please know our team is actively working on a firmware update to address this issue and prevent future occurrences. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to enhance the reliability of our systems.

1 osoba lubi to

You are selling smart door locks. This MUST NOT happen.

1 osoba lubi to

Hi @Konrad Sikorski

Are there any news or plans about adding different callback-urls for each event?

thank you!

I would like to be able to retrieve the activity log using the local API.

That would enable home automation systems to check whether the lock was opened by the Mobile App.

Can you please add this information to the local API? Or do I need to request this elsewhere?

Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj sięaby zamieścić komentarz